Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2008

"You and I" (Whispers in the Darkness)




Whenever it rains I run for cover
And you go singing with the wind
Whenever I say life's a bitch
You just smile and ruffle my hair.....

When we sit and stare at the evening sky
I see the colours fading around me
And you see all the promise
Of an impending dawn.....

And when I lash out at no one in particular
Kicking and screaming at the top of my lungs
I know that you'll be there for me
Waiting for it to end....

Every day I wage war with the world
Knowing that there is someone to come back to
I live the life of a gypsy, but I always know
When I'm with you, I've reached home........

I don't know what it is
With You and I
(If there is such a thing)
All I know, all I trust is Us........



This is my first poem in months.......during the summer I wrote a few short stories the old fashioned way, that is, scratching away with ink and paper( a rather old, saggy diary in fact)

Let's hope I knuckle up someday and make soft copies........

P.S. The illustration you see is courtesy Soumen Goswami, who titled his sketch "Whispers in the darkness", so you could say this is my interpretation of this very haunting piece of art........

No comments: