Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

TILL DEATH DO US PART


"The reason why Death clings so closely to Life isn't biological necessity,it's envy.Life is so beautiful,Death has fallen in love with it.It is a jealous,possessive kind of love,that grabs at what it can......"


-"The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel


I had read these lines for the first time almost three years ago,but the truth and the beauty has just about sunk in now.Without turning this blog into an intensely personal memoir,I will say only this:I have indeed been touched by death recently and it forced me to think upon some cliched but ever-relevant questions about our lives.


For something so fleeting and impermanent as human life,we really ought to give it its due.How many times have we failed to bring the maximum out of life,just because of some remote corner of our mind which said it was not prudent,or appropriate, that somehow we would be the losers if only we could really,really LIVE.......just for one day? The day we stop measuring our lives in terms of cold numbers is the day we are truly free,the day we live and not merely exist.



I don't know if I'm on the path to lasting happiness living the life I live right now.All I know is that I don't want to wake up one day as an old man,at Death's doorstep,and wonder....."Oh God!What have I done with my life?"


I don't think anyone of us wants that...I don't think anyone of us deserves that.

Love

AMJ


No comments: